Sunday, February 7, 2021

Dragons: To follow or not to follow


"Dragons are intelligent, more intelligent than men according to some maesters. They have affection for their friends and fury for their enemies." ― Tyrion Lannister 

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I began reading about dragon lore a short time after I realized that I was not only born in The Year of the Dragon, but, inadvertently, that my chosen craft name had somewhat of a connection to them.

Recently; however, I have been hearing a lot about a tradition called, "Draconic Wicca." Now, I have been an ecclectic Wiccan practitioner for 25 years and as intriguing as this concept sounds, I honestly have no desire to incorporate dragons into my everyday practice. From what I have read in regards to it thus far, Draconic Wicca is fairly complex and, as with any disciplined practice, requires a lot of time and patience. There can be no self-doubt nor question what-so-ever in your mind that this is the path you wish and that what you are doing is absolutely necessary and for the good of all concerned (sound a bit familiar to any fellow Wiccans out there?). Furthermore, it requires a lot of self-reflection before even considering the idea of actually working with dragons ...

"Dragons will not work with a practitioner that ignores them. But one, who follows them to the best of their ability, earns the respect of Dragons and will have no problem working with them." ~ from the 'Draconic Code of Honor'

For those who may be interested in further reading, please click on the link below:

.

1 comment: